TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
These terms and conditions shall apply to all persons who uses (“the User”) the site and/or the Registration and Online Payment System (“the System”) provided by the Asian Institute of Management (“AIM”) in connection with its 50th Anniversary Events and all its present and future fund raising and marketing activities. By using the Site and System, the User acknowledges that he/she/it fully understands and accepts these terms and conditions and that he/she/it consents to the collection and processing of his/her/its personal information for the purposes stated herein.
The following is a summary of the key terms of this Service:
- Payment(s) through this System may only be made via a Credit Card.
- Before using this Site and System, it is recommended that the User makes the necessary inquiries about other fees that may be charged to the User by the Credit Card company as a result of using this Service
- The Credit Card information supplied when using the System is for the use of the payment gateway of the service provider. The Institute may also use the information collected for fund raising and marketing purposes such as but not limited to offering or updating the User of AIM’s various events, courses, trainings, seminars, and other services and activities.
- AIM shall retain all information collected and processed for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected which shall be not more than three (3) years from the time of first use of the System. After this period, the information will be deleted or in some cases anonymized unless the User consents anew to the use and processing of his/her/its information. AIM may also keep a record of correspondence with User or other documents (example: if User have made a complaint) for as long as it is necessary to protect AIM from a legal claim.
- It is the sole responsibility of the User to ensure that the all the information entered in the relevant fields are correct and updated. Likewise, it is the responsibility of the User to keep a record of his/her/its transactions using the System.
- The User understands, confirms, and accepts that the information collected including, but not limited to, all details pertaining to his/her/its Credit Card are susceptible to misuse, hacking, theft, and/ or fraud despite strict implementation of security measures by AIM and the Service Provider(s). AIM and its Service Provider (s) do not guarantee that the information collected from the User is secure or safe from being accessed or intercepted by a third party. AIM does not assume any liability for any such unauthorized access, use, disclosure, sharing, interception, or hacking of any data, information or message as a result of using the System.
- AIM and/or the Service Providers shall not be liable for any inaccuracy, error, delay, or omission of (a) any data, information or message, or (b) the transmission or delivery of any such data, information or message; or (c) any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, non-
- performance or interruption in any such data, information or message. Under no circumstances shall the AIM and/or the Service Provider(s), its management and employees, and its third party agents involved in processing, delivering or managing the Services, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, including punitive or exemplary arising out of or in any way connected with the provision of or any inadequacy or deficiency in the provision of the Services or resulting from unauthorized access or alteration of transmissions of data or arising from suspension or termination of the Service.
- The User is aware and understands that being a Data Subject, he/she is given rights under the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its implementing rules and regulations as to their personal data including the right to object to and/or withdraw consent to the processing of personal information, the right to access personal information. AIM will handle any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law,
- The User agrees that AIM, its officers, employees, agents or contractors shall not be held liable by the User for any loss or damages arising from the use of, or reliance upon the information contained on the Website, or any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions where such failure is due to circumstance beyond AIM’s or its contractors’ reasonable control.
Credit Card Details:
- The User agrees that all information provided by him/ her for the use of the System must be correct, valid and updated.
- The User warrants, agrees and confirms that when he/ she initiates a payment transaction and/or issues an online payment instruction and provides his/ her card / bank details:
- The User is fully and lawfully entitled to use such credit card for such transactions;
- The User is responsible for ensuring that the card/ bank account details provided by him/ her are correct and updated;
- The User authorizes debit of the nominated card/ bank account for the Payment of fees selected by such User along with the applicable Fees.
- The User is responsible for ensuring that sufficient credit is available on the nominated card at the time of making the payment to permit the Payment of the dues payable or fees dues selected by the User inclusive of the applicable fee.
- No warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, is given by the AIM in respect of the operation of the System
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability:
- AIM does not accept liability for any damage, loss, cost (including legal costs), expenses, indirect losses or consequential damage of any kind which may be suffered or incurred by the User from the use of this System.
- The relationship, rights and obligation of the parties and the interpretation of this Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of the Philippines without regard to conflict of law.
- Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with the use of the System shall first be resolved through mutual discussion of the parties. Only when there is failure of the parties to amicably resolve the dispute or claim through mutual discussion within the period of three (3) months from the time of receipt of notice of dispute of either party will the parties be entitled to file a case with a competent court in the Philippines only.
- The entitlement of the User to cancellation or refund of payment shall be at the sole discretion of AIM.
- All payment details which are entered through the payment gateway are encrypted when the User, or third-party making payment, enters them. The site is secure and uses 256-bit encryption to offer secure communications by encrypting all data to and from the site. AIM shall not be liable for any failure by the User or third-party making payment of Fees to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such other persons, during the Online Payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate and updated information during the Online Payment Process.
Variations to the Terms and Conditions:
- AIM may post changes in this Terms and Conditions of Use and contents of the Site from time to time in order to address new issues and reflect changes. It is the sole responsibility of the User to read and understand the Site/System contents, terms and conditions or any changes thereof before and during the use of the Site and/or System.
- AIM reserves the right to decline online payment or withdraw the services at any time if User’s account is in default or for any valid reasons to be determined solely by AIM. Likewise, AIM may also make additions/deletions/alteration to the contents and/or services offered in the Site, at its sole discretion.
If you have any questions and concerns about the service, your rights as data subject or the processing of your personal information, you may contact AIM by telephone at +632 8924011 local 7302 or email at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.